Self publishing' is not as easy as it is portrayed! When you think you have finished your book, proof read, proof read again, and again, and again. Don't believe it is ready until you have a hard copy proofed!
Proofreading is a cornerstone of every sphere concerned writing and text creation. Mass media, website construction, politics, and academic writing. They all highlight the overwhelming importance of proofreading and editing. Merriam-Webster dictionary gives the following definition of proofreading: to read and mark corrections in a text. It still does not clarify the differences between proofreading and editing of you'll find both services on our writing site. We do not make a difference between them from the pricing and timing points of view. We suggest them in one package. We can answer the question how to focus on homework.
- Both processes imply involving a professional native English speaking editor.
- Proofreading and editing are aimed to improve your text anyway. But approaches and actions of these algorithms are different.
Despite the nature of the processes, editing and proofreading can be essential for both for an English author and an international student. ESL students must have all their documents edited. document. Let us take a brief look at these phenomena.
Proofreading vs Editing
Both processes seem to be similar to an amateur client of essay writing sites. Indeed, they have some very similar features. Imagine that you have an essay and want to decide if you need to proofread or edit it:
Here we are in front of the main differences between proofreading and editing of an essay or other academic paper:
- Proofreading concerns mostly minor errors an author or student has committed.
- The main aim of proofreading is to clear the articles from grammatical, semantic, punctuation, and lexical mistakes (to check if all of the words have a proper and suitable lexical meaning).
- As a result of proofreading, a student gets a manuscript ensured for publishing or estimation. It is clear from misspellings and mistakes and contains homogeneous and straight lexical structure.
- Editing touches the overall quality of the text, its aims, and logic.
- Its main goal is ensuring the text's proper structure. An editor checks the logical constructions between the parts of an essay, gives advice about appropriate language use (admissions and term papers have slightly different styles), corrects the tone, performs a pragmatic analysis and eliminates specific lexicon.
- When editing is over, a client gets a final paper easy to read and comprehend. It has clear semantic fullness and can satisfy all expectations of a reader.
Errors Proofreader Deal With
You may be surprised, but proofreaders do not only help you to get higher grades. They have become a part of the corporate culture. Proofreaders get jobs in big corporate establishments and work not only with dissertations, admissions, and essay writing but do blog researches, perform formatting of tweets, SM posts and RSS feeds, guide representatives, etc. As for academic writing services, they have plenty of work as well. Take a look at what you get besides grammar and lexical mistake correction when a proofreader gets your order:
- Table of a contents analysis. A proofreader checks if all the page numbers correlate, if nothing is missing and if a table has a proper arrangement.
- Style and formatting. Every document (even a simple resume) must have a stable and appropriate format. A proofreader watches if pages, paragraphs, quotations and reference list points belong to the same formatting.
- Advice on corrections. A career of a proofreader does not mean grammar errors exclusively. They can suggest rewriting and global corrections in a manuscript.
- References. Proofreading includes checking the proper use of cross-references (if they correspond with the source and provide exact information).
- Content. Such complex documents as dissertation or term paper must have parts with accurate and appropriate content. Your proofreader will check if a Methods part, for instance, describes the methods used for researching.
- Sentence structure and spelling. A dissertation, essay or resume will have different requirement to a sentence structure.
- Correlation of all changes. One of the proofreader's duties is making sure that a client will copy and perform all changes for his own corrections.
FAQ About Proofreading
We have gathered the most frequent questions our clients ask when it goes about proofreading and put them into a small FAQ paragraph:
- I am skilled in writing, and my essay does not seem to have mistakes. Do I need to proofread? - Yes, indeed. Even if you feel yourself a skilled author with perfect English, you can never know where a mistake can hide and how crucial it can be. You do not want to get a low grade than you expected, do you? Plus, it is always useful to let another, unbiased person.
- How much does it take to proofread a paper (admissions essay, dissertation)? - As a rule, essay editing and proofreading can take several hours. As for the complex works, the time depends on the number of pages and complicity of a document. On our site, you can set an appropriate deadline for editing and proofreading work.
- Can I proofread a proposal, for instance, by myself? - We humbly recommend you to entrust your document to professionals. First, they will do it faster. Their jobs imply certain algorithms. They will do it better, probably. When you treat proofreading as your work but not an obligation, you will always get a better result.
- Why do I have to pay with all that free software I can find on Google? - There is a lot of paid or free software that can expel mistakes from your document. However, they all lack a complex approach and alive soul. By the moment, only a human proofreader can verify your text as fully correct from all writing aspects. Maybe, in a couple of years, neurons will steal jobs from proofreaders. Now real people are the only alternative.
- Can I learn how to proofread at home? - Yes, there is a lot of online sources where you can find appropriate suggestions concerning proper proofreading. They will help you to understand the importance of proofreading.
It is what we wanted to tell you about proofreading. As you can see, it is not only about grammar errors and misspellings in articles. It is a complex process with its own intention and numerous ways of realization. If you have a paper, do not hesitate to ask us for professional proofreading service. It is better to make sure that you are going for the highest grade than being nervous about any query, right?